Dentsu Jayme Syfu is a creative and innovative solutions agency globally recognized for its life-changing solutions, creativity, and innovation across all channels.
DigitX, the User Experience (or “UX”) and innovations arm of Dentsu, is a multidisciplinary team of designers, product managers, and creative technologists who are guided by a design process that puts the user at the center of their work. As a close-knit and collaborative team, we consistently work cross-functionally with just about every team in the company. Whether it be working with stakeholders, marketing and creatives, brand management, or other UX professionals, we always strive to deliver a unified and unforgettable product experience for each and every user.
We are looking for a full-time UX Design Director to oversee, lead, and grow the user experience and discipline in the company. In this role, you will be tasked to share your knowledge across departments and help position the agency as an industry leader in all things user experience.
Who You Are
- A consummate communicator with real-world chops and:
- At least 5-8 years of experience designing websites or products
- A strong user experience leadership background with hands-on design experience
- The ability to communicate concepts, design rationale, and design details verbally, visually, and in written format
- Embodies thought leadership by contributing subject matter expertise in the areas of information architecture, design systems, interaction design, visual design, user experience best practices, user research, and online user behavior
- A holistic user experience problem solver and deep systems thinker who:
- Has the ability to resolve complex design and communication issues.
- Is passionate about design thinking and loves building elegant, effective experiences for complex products
- Is capable of setting up mental frameworks and brainstorming initial design concepts
- Has a strong design aesthetic and excellent understanding of typography, color, layout, and their role in brand identity
- A highly adaptable and collaborative team player who:
- Is always on the lookout for new and creative ideas and technologies and finding novel ways to put them to good use
- Can work independently in a fast-paced environment; bonus if you have experience working in an advertising agency
- Has knowledge of industry tools such as Figma, and Notion is a plus
- Puts in the time to continuously grow and mentor the team
Sound like you? Keep reading.
What You’ll Do
- Define and evolve the UX team’s process
- Contribute to early-stage discovery and product definition by developing an understanding and definition of users, framing the problem, generating design principles, developing concepts and models, and evaluating current state experiences
- Collaborate with designers, project managers, copywriters, and creative technologists to deliver compelling content solutions
- Delegate responsibilities to team members to ensure the team stays productive, organized, and efficient
- Participate in and/or lead interviews, research, and testing to understand the target users
- Oversee style guidelines and consistency of visual design across UI, promotional materials, and collateral
- Communicate design decisions, rationale, and direction through presentations and other documentation
How to Apply
If you’re excited by the idea of seeing yourself in this role, send us your application at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to:
- Include the role title in your subject line.
- Send us your CV and portfolio to help us learn about how you think and practice your craft.